Movies
10:08 am
Thu January 17, 2008

<BR>A&M-Commerce Student Center cooking again


Meals are being served in the Memorial Student Center at Texas A&M University-Commerce, the morning after a small electrical fire closed the MSC and the Business Administration building.


Life is returning to normal at Texas A&M University-Commerce following a small electrical fire Thursday morning that closed the Memorial Student Center and the Business Administration (BA) building.

Sodexho, the food service provider for A&M-Commerce, notified KETR Friday morning breakfast was served and regular meal service will resume at the MSC. Thursday lunch and dinner was served at the Fieldhouse and contingency plans were in place for Friday and Saturday.


Thursday morning's fire, reported shortly before 10:00 a.m., was restricted to the electrical panel area under the MSC. It was quickly extinguished and there were no injuries.

The fire knocked out electrical service to the MSC and the BA building. The BA building reopened around 1:30 p.m., causing a 3 1/2 hour interruption in classes and office functions.


For more information, parents and students can contact the student affairs office at 903.886.5084.


The photo shows a University Police officer visiting with an A&M-Commerce employee and students outside the BA building after Thursday morning's evacuation.