KETR Local
1:26 am
Sun December 30, 2007

Caddo Mills home explodes

Caddo Mills, TX –

A propane gas leak is believed to have caused a home to explode the Saturday before New Year's in Caddo Mills.

Hunt County Emergency Management Director Richard Hill told the Greenville Herald-Banner five of the seven occupants in the home were airlifted to a Dallas hospital. Two of the five were in intensive care. A sixth person received minor injuries and the seventh escaped uninjured.

Hill said there were no signs of arson or foul play at the one story house on Farm Road 1565. The explosion was so devastating it blew all the brick off all four walls and the compression of the blast was so intense it blew the fire out.