KETR Local
9:13 am
Tue December 11, 2007

Carbon monoxide precautions at TAMU-C

Scott Harvey

Commerce – Are faculty and students at A&M Commerce protected from carbon monoxide poisoning? Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Foreman at A&M Commerce Ronnie Scott says that anyone concerned of exposure should immediately contact the University Safety Officer. Symptoms include headache, nausea and fatigue and are often mistaken for the flu.

Nearly two weeks ago more than 40 students at Kilgore College required medical attention for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning linked to a heating system.

Click the MP3 icon to listen as A&M Commerce HVAC Forman Ronnie Scott describes the precautions in place in the event of such a danger.