GREENVILLE - A test is planned this morning on the City of Greenville’s emergency warning sirens after dozens of citizens said they never heard the sirens Tuesday afternoon.
City officials claim the sirens were activated and working during the storms. Thursday's test is scheduled for 10 a.m., weather permitting. There are seven siren locations in Greenville, four of which will have a fire department official on hand. City officials will call an area business in the vicinity of the remaining three siren sites to determine if they are working properly.
The sirens are located at:
• Graham Park 800 Walnut Street
• Middleton Park Spencer/Gibbons
• Wright Park 5501 Hwy. 69 S.
• SportsPark 3901 Leo Hackney Blvd.
• Oak Creek Park 10000 Areobic Lane
• L-3 Communications 10000 Jack Finney Blvd. (2 sirens)
Most cities with emergency sirens conduct tests every month when the weather is clear.