KETR was literally snake-bit last weekend, resulting in listeners not being able to hear 88.9-FM until Wednesday.
KETR was literally snake-bit last weekend, causing damage to the 88.9-FM transmitter.
A small, apparently non-venomous snake, slithered into the KETR transmitter and came in contact with the high voltage electrical current used to feed the transmitter.
KETR was on low power until replacement parts were made for the 30 year old transmitter. Repairs were completed early Wednesday morning.
The snake did not survive. No services are planned.
A reminder if you can't hear 88.9-FM, if you're near a computer with an Internet connection, listen to KETR online at ketr.org.