KETR Local
6:54 am
Wed December 17, 2008

Fire in Greenville displaces two

Greenville – Firefighters in Greenville had their hands full Tuesday afternoon as they responded to a house fire. Two people who lived in a mobile home in the 1900 block of East Interstate 30 were displaced due to the smoky blaze, although no one was reported injured. Greenville Fire Department Battalion Chief Todd McMahan said the residence was completely involved when officers arrived shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday. A cause for the fire was not immediately determined, although a brother of the resident noted the occupants believed the fire began in the wiring underneath the flooring. He said his brother had lived there for about eight years.

Click the MP3 icon to listen as KETR's Greenville Correspondent Brad Kellar reports.