Food and Fiber Pavillion worth the stop at the State Fair
DALLAS — Hundreds of local products, Texas entertainment and other exciting attractions highlight the first week’s calendar at the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Food and Fiber Pavilion at the State Fair of Texas, Sept. 30-Oct. 23.
“The Food and Fiber Pavilion is a great opportunity to GO TEXAN,” Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples said. “Fairgoers learn how our lives are grown from the ground up and also get a firsthand understanding of how Texas farmers and ranchers enrich our daily lives.”
Highlights of Week One at the Pavilion:
· Stomp your feet to a Texas treat. The Klassy Kloggers dance in rhythm to traditional music. You will be surprised by the modern performances of this historic dance style. Noon-2 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30.
· Come enjoy a free cool and creamy float made with Texas’ own Blue Bell Ice Cream. It’s Blue Bell’s “Have a Float” Day. Noon-2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5.
· It’s the Kerens Cotton Harvest Festival! Enjoy live music and clog dancing at this event. 4-6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 2.
· Learn tips and techniques to beautify your home or event with flowers during the Texas State Florists’ Association Demonstrations. 4-6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8 and Noon-2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9.
· TDA’s Food and Nutrition exhibit invites children to “E-town,” a make-believe world teaching the 3E’s of Healthy Living—Education, Exercise and Eating Right. Every day during the fair.
· Toast Texas tastes at the State Fair of Texas Wine Garden, presented by GO TEXAN and Texas wineries. Go inside the state’s diverse and growing wine industry, and meet the winemakers. Rural community representatives also will be present to help fairgoers plan their next Texas getaway. Every day during the fair.
· See how agriculture connects with our daily lives in innovative ways. Explore the new “Agriculture Is Your Culture” exhibit and enjoy stories of how the land impacts our lives in more ways than just cows and corn. Every day during the fair.
Also on site at the Food and Fiber Pavilion is the Pioneer Brand General Store, featuring hundreds of Texas-made foods, fashion and more. Visitors find everything from Texas-made sauces, sweets and salsas to bath products and clothing.