Most Active Stories
Tue February 18, 2014
GOP primary: Lamar Co. ballot
The following candidates are on ballots in the Lamar County Republican Party primary election on March 4.
Regional and county offices
- State Senator, District 1, Kevin Eltife.
- State Representative, District 1: Gary Deaver, George Lavender
- Justice, 6th Court of Appeals District, Place 3: Ralph K. Burgess
- County Judge: Mike Malone
- Judge, County Court at Law: William Howard Harris
- County Treasurer: Melanie Clifford
- Justice of the peace, Precinct No. 5, Place 2: Gene C. Hobbs, Jr., Jesse James Freelen, Curtis Garret
- Constable, Precinct No. 5: Gerry Don Hines, Jimmy Hodges, Jimmy Don Clark
- County Chairman: John Kruntorad
- County Clerk: Kathy Marlowe
- District Clerk: Susan Flanary-Turner, Shawntel Golden
- U.S. Senator: Chris Map, Ken Cope, Curt Cleaver, Steve Stockman, Reid Reasor, Linda Vega, Dwayne Stovall, John Cornyn.
- U.S. Representative, District 4: Ralph Hall, John Stacy, Tony Arterburn, Lou Gigliotti, John Ratcliffe, Brent Lawson.
- Governor: Greg Abbott, Miriam Martinez, Lisa Fritsch, SECEDE Kilgore.
- Lieutenant Governor: Dan Patrick, David Dewhurst, Jerry Patterson, Todd Staples.
- Attorney General: Barry Smitherman, Dan Branch, Ken Paxton.
- Comptroller of Public Accounts: Glenn Hegar, Harvey Hildrebran, Raul Torres, Debra Medina.
- Commissioner of the General Land Office: David Watts, George P. Bush.
- Commissioner of Agriculture: Eric Opiela, Joe Cotton, Sid Miller, Tommy Merritt, J. Allen Carnes.
- Railroad Commissioner: Becky Berger, Ryan Stilton, Wayne Christian, Malachi Boyuls.
- Chief Justice, Supreme Court: Nathan Hecht, Robert Talton.
- Justice, Supreme Court, Place 6: Joe Pool, Jeff Brown.
- Justice, Supreme Court, Place 7: Jeff Boyd.
- Justice, Supreme Court, Place 8: Phil Johnson, Sharon McCally.
- Justice, Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 3: Barbara Walther, Bert Richardson.
- Justice, Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 4: Richard Dean Davis, Jani Jo Wood, Kevin Patrick Yeary.
- Justice, Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 9: David Newell, W.C. “Bud” Kirkendall