Fire
4:32 pm
Thu November 29, 2012

Home Destroyed in House Fire

A home has been destroyed after it caught fire on Thursday afternoon near Commerce.

Multiple fire departments responded to the blaze including Commerce, Greenville, Campbell and Wolfe City. Merit Fire Department also arrived at the scene to help battle a grass fire that was caused by the house blaze.

The fire was said to have been started by a space heater in the home.

No one was home when the fire started on 4698 County Road 4506. Names of the house's residents have not been released.

This fire started they day the Texas Forest Service placed Hunt County under high fire danger conditions due to the escalating drought and high winds.