Hopkins County – The Texas Historical Commission (THC) has recently awarded Hopkins County $2,500 through its Texas Courthouse Stewardship Program.
The award is based on the county's ability to establish excellent practices in maintaining its restored historic courthouse.
The Hopkins County Courthouse was designed in 1895 and has in recent years received rehabilitation due to sandstone deterioration and flooding.
The THC was established in 1999 by Gov. George W. Bush and the Texas Legislature to restore Texas' county courthouses to their original splendor and make them safe, functional and a source of pride for Texas communities.