Most Active Stories
Wed November 16, 2011
Lions After Dark: Hot Drinks For a Cold Day!
1. Hot Tea –Tea is one of the most popular hot beverages around the world. sometimes a cup of chamomile is nice before bed time. Or maybe a hot chai tea, green tea, lemon tea, any tea!!! There are so many variations it’s impossible to list them all.
2. Coffee –Oh the possibilities!! There are so many types you’re bound to find you a favorite. I like adding Vanilla ice cream to my hot coffee.
3. Hot Chocolate –With or without marshmallows? One of our fans prefers it made with Abuelita Chocolate, others like Swiss Miss Or how about with a little Sugar Cane Rum. To add some extra flavor, try a dash of Kahlúa!
4. Hot Caramel Cider
Apple cider gets a sweeter kick with the addition of caramel and cream for a perfect snow day treat!
Hot Apple Cider or Hot Caramel Cider– This is definitively a favorite on a cold day (especially with some rum for cold football tailgates). Emeril Lagasse’s recipe includes some yummy spices – and don’t forget the cinnamon stick!
5.Eggnog –A combination of eggs (separated), milk, cream, sugar, bourbon and nutmeg, this popular holiday drink can also work on a cold night.
6. Caramel Milk
Get straight to the good stuff with this easy caramel and warmed milk recipe.
Pour milk into microwave-safe, medium glass bowl. Heat on HIGH (100% power) in microwave until hot, about 80 to 90 seconds.
Carefully pour milk into 2 mugs. Stir half of the brown sugar and vanilla extract into each mug.
Makes 2 servings.
7. Avena (MEXICAN OATMEAL)
Here’s a good Recipe: http://muybuenocookbook.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/avena-old-fashioned-mexican-oatmeal/
8. Hot Cherry Cordial
This frothy cherry cordial drink has the base of hot chocolate plus lots of whipped cream and maraschino cherry juice for a unique alternative to hot cocoa.
9. Hot Cranberry Drink For something way less creamy, try one of these hot cranberry drinks: either the buttered cranberry cider or, for a completely dairy-free kid cocktail, mulled cranberries made with orange and lemon juice.
10. Hot lemonade Drink Soothing for sore throats and runny noses, you can add a touch of mint and ginger.
And Experiences by Gaby.