Commerce – Mosquito spraying in Commerce should end for this month tonight with the spraying of the south side of town. Spraying will likely continue on the third week of each month through August and possibly September. Spraying begins at 8:30pm each night. City officials are also considering additional spraying around Bi-Centennial Park just before the upcoming July 4th celebration.
Some tips to protect yourself against mosquitoes:
1. Consider staying inside during peak the peak biting times of dusk and dawn.
2. Wear long sleeve shirts and light colored pants. Mosquitoes love dark colors.
3. Use an insect repellent containing DEET.
4. Eliminate any type of standing water near your home and try to pick breezy locations when outdoors.
5. And avoid heavily scented shampoos or perfumes.