KETR Local
6:46 am
Thu April 21, 2011

No injuries following rural Hunt County house fire


Wolfe City – A Wolfe City home is badly damaged after a nearby barn explodes Thursday evening. There were no injuries.

The incident occurred around 6:30 p.m. along Highway 11 at the intersection of CR 4826.

The owner of the mobile home, Bethany Davidson, was not home at the time. Her father, Thomas, who lives across the street, had been working in the barn and says he believes the fire started by way of a nearby butane canister.

"I thought I had it put out," Thomas Davidson said. "I had the bathroom, on the outside, looked like it had been put out, and I was spraying on the inside of the bathroom. I think when that wind hit it [it spread]."

The explosion caused significant exterior damage to the home, but the inside was left virtually intact.

Crews from the Wolfe City Fire Department received mutual aid from Commerce and Celeste.

The barn was completely involved by the time firefighters arrived on scene. The Red Cross was called to provide assistance to the family.