After a transformer blew near Commerce Hardware, a section of Loop 178/Culver St. was closed due to a live power line across the road.
Witnesses on scene tell us at around noon Tuesday a transformer malfunctioned and blew causing the attached wire to fall onto the road. Sparks from the transformer caused a small grass fire that was quickly extinguished by the Commerce Fire Department.
No injuries were reported.
Cars were being diverted into the Commerce Hardware parking lot where they were able to exit onto a different road.
The cause of the transformer malfunction was not immediately known.