Fire
7:57 am
Thu December 1, 2011

Probe into deadly mobile home fire continues

WOOD COUNTY - An electrical malfunction could be the cause of a fire that killed a 7-year-old Wood County girl.

Jazmine Henson died in the Tuesday evening blaze near Winnsboro. Her father, mother, grandmother and 2-year-old brother were injured. 

Officials say the fire may have started around an electrical outlet in the living room of their mobile home. Authorities say Jazmine was sleeping on the sofa in that room.

The investigation is continuing. The family members that were hospitalized at Parkland are expected to recover.